Click HERE to visit the Doomsday Prepper Forum!
7,545

Survival Checklist – What Should Go In Your Survival Bag?

One thing about emergency preparation that you really have little or no control over is what kind of emergency situation is going to cause you to have to use your emergency kit. The best thing you can do to make sure that your emergency kit is good for any situation is have a little of everything in there that you might need to take care of yourself for a short-term duration.

It’s important to understand that no matter what you do your likely still to not have every item that you may need in a survival situation. Your kit should include items that are most likely to be helpful in any given situation.

Survival Food:

• Dehydrated food, freeze-dried food candor other nonperishable items.
  • Implements to get your own food items such as hunting gear, fishing gear, trapping gear or seed for growing your own food, etc.
  • Security items such as a gun, knives, bow or even a sling shot.
  • Ammunition – preferably lots of them better to be prepared than to run out.
  • Cooking: fire starting, tinder, cooking grill or other means to cook food and sterilize water
  • Water: I would recommend you have a least 1 gallon per person per day according to ready.gov you should have at least a three day minimum.
  • Water filtration: you should have some means to purify water whether that’s water purification tablets a portable water filter or the ability to boil water.
  • Water containers: it’s good to be able to clean water but you need to make sure that you have something to store water in.
  • Clothing: you should always make sure to have plenty of clothing for any situation as the seasons change may want to consider changing what’s in your bug out bag.
  • Medical: having an adequately stocked first aid kit includes items such as Band-Aids, cotton swabs, rubber gloves and antiseptics as well as any prescription drugs or medicines you’ll need will come in handy. I’d also recommend a good first aid book.
  • Personal hygiene: this is another item that is often forgotten things like toilet paper, bug repellents, scissors, candles, lighters, batteries, matches, feminine items etc.

We’ve covered many items that should be in a bug out kit.   It’s important to be able to get these items in a duffel bag or backpack that will be easy to grab in an emergency

It’s also important to make sure that you check your bag regularly to make sure all the items are working properly and ready for any emergency situation.

This is your kit so make sure to put the items you think you will need in their this is only a guideline to help you think some of those items you may not have thought. If you are looking for a bug out kit that is already made up we have a whole page of just those kits.

39 Comments/Reviews

• Deer Hunter says:

Excellent survival checklist, thanks for putting that together!

• Price Ward says:

I Am getting all set for center school and j want to have almost everything I need. I uave heard that women ought to maintain an emergency kit with them at all times, but what really should I put in it?
    also, i have fitness center final hour. what must I include in my fitness center bag? anything important?

• Pootie Tang says:

I just moved up to the mountains and have already misplaced power 2x due to undesirable weather! Im not use to this type of climate and the locals all inform me that I want to have a unexpected emergency package for residence for when the real “bad” weather conditions arrives in for winter! So a small help remember to ?

• BhinekaNews says:

At Present I am dwelling in thailand exactly where I on a regular basis go on runs by way of the jungle with the local Hash Property Harrier Club. On my previous operate it appeared that I ran into a viper. Thankfully I did not get bitten. Now I would like to be a tiny much more proactive.

Where can I acquire an unexpected emergency package (until I get to the hospital and get the anti-venom) that will decrease the results of the bite if I do get bitten.

I would enjoy a link. Also a massive in addition if you know where in Thailand I can buy it or in which I can acquire Anti-venom.

Thanks People.

• Chanell Marie Allen says:

I had my first period yesterday and want to know what to put in an Emergency Kit?

• rbindel says:

I’m making an emergency kit for my family in advance. So, I’m wondering what should be really important in a kit. Thanks !

• Suchitoto Tours says:

im looking at this brand called provident pantry and i want to get a years supply of food. i noticed that the dehydrated food was cheaper and which one last longer.

• F Club Babi Rossi says:

You know how in your emergency kit for your house you’re supposed to include high protein, nonperishable food that doesn’t require a lot of water and doesn’t require heat? Well, what would that be: other than peanut butter?

• MechanicaI Ape says:

Currently I am living in thailand where I regularly go on runs through the jungle with the local Hash House Harrier Club. On my last run it appeared that I ran into a viper. Luckily I did not get bitten. Now I would like to be a little more proactive.

Where can I purchase an emergency kit (until I get to the hospital and get the anti-venom) that will minimize the effects of the bite if I do get bitten.

I would appreciate a link. Also a big plus if you know where in Thailand I can buy it or where I can buy Anti-venom.

Thanks People.

• mmminja says:

See many of the teenagers nowadays are vulnerable and bold.They seem fearless and careless too, many of them get into trouble easily and maybe end up in prisons…If these things happens what do you think is their emergency-kit to avoid such troubles or situations…

• Manuela Gutierrez says:

I want to buy an emergency kit for my family. I found that most of them do not come with flash light & radio that require no batteries. I have to buy them separately. Please share your knowledge about these.

Also, where did you buy your emergency kit from? There are so many out there.

• sunjeet singh says:

• Perfect Duluth Day says:

With Winter in full blow people are saying it’s important to have a car emergency kit. What items should I put into it? Thanks!
    I live in Indiana, and I am not very good with tools…I can manage though.

• owain says:

I just moved up to the mountains and have already lost power 2x due to bad weather! Im not use to this kind of weather and the locals all tell me that I need to have a emergency kit for home for when the real “bad” weather comes in for winter! So a little help please ?

• Shabana Essack says:

I live in Indiana, and I am not very good with tools…I can manage though.

• kbarrett319 says:

I’m doing a demo on how to put together a 48-hour (3-day) emergency kit, and I get marked on the title. I need something INTERESTING and CATCHY!
    Make that a 72-hour emergency kit.

• Im BooBoo Bitchh says:

• Ann McLoughlin says:

• Mir Graffiti says:

Hi so im putting together a emergency aid kit for natural diasters, terroist attack and more speciially 2012. I ve picked out this for first aid kit it this good http://www.walmart.com/ip/FIRST-AID-ONLY…

I dont got lots of cash. Im a kid.

My list

Compous, Life jacket, 2 knives, 2 proctecive masks, 1 flashlight, Rubbing aclohol 50 feet rope, Vaseline, 2 Zip lock bags, 2 candles, pepper spray, water bottle, duct tape, tweezers, mirror
    i dont drive dawg
    its not just the mayan calender theres a lot more then that n thx

• Lyrick Estrada says:

Looking for a good comprehensive kit to buy in case of emergency- in this case earthquake. Would like a kit that has EVERYTHING I need.

• Nicky Ds says:

I’m doing my geography homework and there is a list with the things you need in a basic emergency kit. One of the items is a disposable camera and it asks why you need it?

• Grant Anderson says:

• Micayla Alison Milne says:

I’ve heard of quite a few people getting shipwrecked over the years. Should boats have an emergency kit similar to hikers, with those thermal blankets/tarplike things, water, food bars/other unperishable food, lighters/matches, etc. (maybe in a floating pouch)? Obviously there should be first aid kits and other items, but should boats carry a kit in case boaters are stranded, is it already suggested, and what else should go in it?

• Sensacin Bieber says:

I live in Indiana, and I am not very good with tools…I can manage though.

• Evan says:

I’m getting ready for middle school and j want to have everything I need. I uave heard that girls should keep an emergency kit with them at all times, but what should I put in it?
    also, i have gym last hour. what should I include in my gym bag? anything important?

• charleneq86 says:

• Winter Maher says:

• slipknot0129 says:

• Ashiana Palm Court says:

• Mary B says:

I live in Indiana, and I am not very good with tools…I can manage though.

• acho que felipe says:

• Marco Johnson says:

• michelsantos257 says:

Make that a 72-hour emergency kit.

• wombatwolf says: